You never know when you are going to need an emergency plumber. In fact, you may not know that you have a plumbing issue until it requires immediate attention. This article will explore five of the most common reasons that you may need assistance from an emergency plumber.
1. Clogged drains: When your drain is clogged, it can cause water to backup into your sink or shower. If left untreated, the result could be a flood of water on your floors and walls. When a drain is slow it indicates that there is an issue. Often over-the-counter liquids that are marketed to clear clogs simply are not enough. When you notice that your drains are slow or clogged, call a qualified plumber to clear the line. He can use camera line inspections to locate clogs that are deep in your pipes. With the use of hydro jetting, he can safely remove the clog so that your drain is restored to good working condition.
2. Issues with hot water: When you run out of hot water too quickly or your water is not heating properly, there may be an issue with your hot water heater. Nobody wants to take a cold shower or run out of hot water before all of the chores are complete. A plumber will investigate the situation and determine if the water heater can be repaired or needs to be replaced.
3. Leaks: Even a minor water leak can cause damage to your home and cost you substantial money on your water bills. While some leaks are easy to detect, like those around faucets or water heaters, others may be hidden deep within the plumbing system. You will need the help of a professional to detect and repair all water leaks before they cause serious damage to your home or business.
4. Remodeling: Whether you are completely remodeling a bathroom or simply adding a new appliance, you want to have a professional plumber on hand to ensure that installation is done properly. Your home’s plumbing system is very complex. It is essential that you allow a professional to make any adjustments so that you can be sure that it is functioning efficiently and your system is up to code.
5. Flooding: It is not uncommon for pipes to freeze in the cold winter months. It is important that you take precautions when the temperatures begin to drop. Pipe corrosion or other issues can also cause flooding in your home. Locate your main water valve so that you can shut it off immediately if flooding occurs. Call your local 24-hour emergency plumber so that you can get assistance as soon as possible.
Plumbing problems are not uncommon. From annoying clogs to major flooding, a professional plumber is prepared to assist you in any situation. Find a well-qualified plumber in your area before an issue arises. This type of preparation will ensure that you have the assistance you need in any type of plumbing situation. After all, you never know when an unexpected plumbing problem may arise.